Friday, September 5, 2008

my new found past time

well, this blog is going to be somewhat different from my past blogs. i thought that in this blog i would show you guys what i have been up to lately. for some reason or another i have had a strong urge to be crafty. i have also made things in some form or fashion, but i have never quite learned the technique of sewing. it all started about 2 or 3 years ago when i bought a small, very small, sewing machine and thought that after all of my mom's willingness to try and teach me to sew as a teenager, i would give it a try with my own little nifty sewing machine. well, it took me 2-3 years to finally teach myself how to use that little, nifty sewing machine. and it's actually not as hard and frustrating as i thought that it would be. i have actually grown very fond of the whole sewing hobby. as you all know, between 3 kids, a job, and a fort to hold down, i don't have very much spare time on my hands, so alot of my projects have been in the wee hours of the night.
okay....not to brag, but if i may say so myself, the projects that i have attempted so far have turned out way better than i had ever anticipated. needless to say, i am very quite proud of myself. so, in this blog i am going to share what i have been doing in my "spare" time...meaning, time when i should have probably been asleep, and i was wondering why i have been so tired lately. anyway, i hope you enjoy what i have to share.

KATE'S NAP MAT FOR KINDERGARTEN


CRAYON ROLL-UP COZY


COMPACT AND LIPSTICK HOLDER


ABBEY'S INITIAL BAG


KATE'S BOOKBAG FOR KINDERGARTEN

5 comments:

AMANDA said...

GREAT JOB! YOU ARE GOOD!!

Matt Benton said...

Hey, this is really cool. How much for one of those crayon roll up cozys?

Anonymous said...

that stuff is so cute!!!

Elizabeth said...

Awww everything is so cute! Your really good at this crafty stuff. You should try selling some of it. :)

Anonymous said...

April, this is great! I wish I was crafty like that.
I love the crayon roll up cozy thing.