Thursday, June 12, 2008

BITR: The Girl Named




Let's see, where do I begin. This week's blog topic was given to me by Danielle. I am to write my blog on Elizabeth H., a girl I know and Danielle's best friend.
When I think of Elizabeth, actually the first thing that comes to my mind is my daughter Kate. The reason for this is because Kate's middle name is Elizabeth. Besides that, Elizabeth H. is the only other Elizabeth that I personally know.
The Elizabeth that I know can be summarized in three words: QUIET, SWEET, and BRACES. Theses three characteristics are the first that come to my mind when I think of Elizabeth H.

First, she is very quiet. Probably quieter than a mouse. I don't think that I have even heard a total of 10 words come from her mouth since I have known her, which has been about a year now. I'm sure that she is more talkative around her friends, and I can actually imagine her and Danielle getting together and being so silly that they possibly could drive people crazy. Even though she is quiet I can imagine her being very giddy and silly when others aren't around. That's when the true Elizabeth shines through.
Second, she is super sweet. I haven't ever seen or heard her being ugly to anyone. Well, that could be the pure fact that she never talks, so how could she be mean to people....no, really, she is a very genuinely sweet girl. Maybe too sweet, which isn't always a bad thing. We need more all around sweet people in this cruel and mean world that we live in.
Lastly, Elizabeth has braces. I know that this
is nothing out of the ordinary. Gosh, my daughter even has braces and she is only nine. But, the first thing appearance wise I notice about Elizabeth is her braces. She's always smiling and grinning so that's usually the first thing I see when I see her. I'm sure that she doesn't like her braces, just like every other 14 or 15 year old. But, to me, Elizabeth's braces represent just many changes that will happen as she goes through her teenage years.
Well, I know that this blog doesn't do Elizabeth H. justice, but this is what I think of when I think of Elizabeth H.

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Well, that was just beautiful. Like you said, I'm really not as quiet as people think I am. (danielle knows this b/c she has witnessed me having random conversations with random strangers).

Usually I am sweet I guess, but I definatly have been mean before. Actually, I used to be really mean and I had a major bad temper problem; but I've gotten over most of that now. I'm only mean to people if they derseve it. haha

I'm not even gonna say anything about the braces.

Anonymous said...

Um...ok, Elizabeth is never quiet. Even at church she is constantly talking to me. I know that doesn't apply to anyone else, but I'm just saying.

Elizabeth is not sweet. She is just as mean as I am. And sometimes worse. Just read the message between Matt, myself, Davis, and her. You will change your mind about her being "sweet".

just kidding.

sort of.

Elizabeth said...

I'm not nice when it comes to certain people being mean to my friends. haha danielle

Matt Benton said...

I have to say that the use of graphics on this post was simply incredible. Elizabeth is (or has) all the things that you said in your blog. Another interesting thing about E-beth is that she writes poetry, which is very cool.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth writes poetry?

Elizabeth said...

Elizabeth writing poetry is a very very rare occasion

Matt Benton said...

Well it happens. I'm just saying. She was also a fighter pilot in WWII.

Jeff Roberts said...

I heard Elizabeth sits in a lawn chair and shoots at her neighbors.

Elizabeth said...

Actually Jeff, I do. Except I don't sit in a lawn chair, I stand on the porch. And that's only because they deserve it.

andy said...

i heard that ebeth is a secret agent.

but don't tell anyone.