Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BITR...The Absolute Worst Way to Die




Well, I think that it kinda crazy to even think about this kind of thing, but Matt insisted that this was my topic to blog about this week, so here it goes...
I have always thought to myself that the worst way to die would be to drown or to burn in a fire, or maybe even being eaten by a shark. But when I really think about it, the absolute worst way to die would be to die ALONE! Whatever the morbid situation may be, just the pure fact of being all alone when you are looking death in the face would be pure agony. I imagine death to be a scary occurrence for some people, with myself being among this group. I know that I have nothing to fear after death, but still, the separation from my kids, my husband, my family, my friends would be too devastating. And to know that there was no turning back and no time to say good byes would be pure torture for me. No one there to comfort me, to hold my hand, to wipe my tears, to say good bye, to hear "I love you, mommy" one last time. No one around, no one to guide me into the next life, nothing...absolutley NOTHING!! Just to know that it could be all different, that I could and should be surrounded by family and friends, people who love me. To me, being alone, as death crept in, would be far worse than any other death could ever possibly be.

2 comments:

Matt Benton said...

April I think you're right. It would be terrible to die alone. I think that's the scariest thing about death, too - separation from the people you love. Even though we believe what we believe it can still be kinda scary. Anyways, I hear ya on that one.

Anonymous said...

That was really good. I would hate to die alone.